Join our growing team! We are seeking a dynamic individual who can easily manage a busy environment while maintaining a calm and collected demeanor. The ideal candidate enjoys helping people, is friendly, presentable, and a great team player.
Dishwasher Job Responsibilities:
- Opening and closing the dish room of our commercial kitchen
- Maintaining an organized and clean dishroom. Properly washing and sorting soiled dishes.
- Properly washing, stacking, and storing plates, glassware, silverware, cookware, and storage containers.
- Maintaining trash cans throughout shifts and removing full trash cans at the end of each shift.
- Follows the posted daily dish cleaning duties.
- Physically-able, capable of carrying dish racks, sheet pans, waste, carrying 50-lbs up and down stairs.
- Washing dishes and cookware using a commercial dishwasher
- Cleaning public areas for guests, including sweeping, mopping, wiping down tables and buffet areas, and setting up clean dishes in our dining rooms and Cafe.
Environment: The Himalayan Institute is open 7 days a week. We have an intentional community of around 100 residents and serve between 20-100 guests daily depending on the season.
Schedules & Hours: Schedules are flexible with full and part time opportunities. Generally starting around 9am, we have morning, afternoon and evening shifts. Evening shifts end around 9pm or earlier.
Opportunities in our active commercial kitchen often start in the dish room. They can lead to other positions like prep-chef, meal server and in some cases, a kitchen cook. Experience is preferred but training is available for an ideal candidate. From High School students to Seniors, or anyone in between you’ll work alongside a dynamic team who is respectful and helpful.
Benefits: You will have access to classes and meals. You will enjoy access to our vegetarian buffet at no charge and access, when available, to classes taught at the Institute. Guests travel from all over the world to visit the Institute for its offerings and wide range of classes. These classes include stress reduction, health & wellness, diet & nutrition, yoga and beyond that may interest any candidate. Access to our 400 acre campus just next to 9500 acres of gamelands for hiking & exploring is also a plus. Salary starts at $11.00 hour.
Apply Now: Click the link below to apply now. Supportive environment, flexible hours, full or part-time, access to classes and an all you can eat vegetarian buffet. There are a lot of good reasons to work at the Himalayan Institute. For an interview, send your resume to Brian Fulp at [email protected] OR fill out an online application by following this link below:
The Himalayan Institute is home to residents from all over the country and the world. Our community is held together by dedicated students of life who value collective responsibility and respect for all.