Join our growing team! We are seeking a dynamic individual who can easily manage a busy environment while maintaining a calm and collected demeanor. The ideal candidate enjoys helping people, is friendly, presentable, and a great team player.
Meal Server Job Responsibilities:
- Provide support in setting up our vegetarian buffet with menu items including hot dishes, cold dishes, salad bar, fruit bowls, and bread, etc.
- Some meals may include heating prepared food using our commercial stove or steamers.
- Preparing fruit bowls includes cleaning & cutting fruit.
- Preparing and setting up the salad bar may include preparing lettuce and salad bar toppings.
- Replenish the buffet as needed throughout meal times.
- Closing the meal buffet and properly putting food away after meals. Using approved methods for cooling food, transferring to propper containers, and placing into assigned storage areas.
- Cleaning buffet using approved methods.
- Tending to miscellaneous tasks like refilling napkin dispensers and salt & pepper shakers.
- Experience preferred, however, training is available for an ideal candidate.
- Physically-able, capable of placing food pans into buffet, carrying 50-lbs up and down stairs.
Environment: The Himalayan Institute is open 7 days a week. We have an intentional community of around 100 residents and serve between 20-100 guests daily depending on the season.
Schedules & Hours: Schedules are flexible with full and part time opportunities. Generally starting around noon, our lunch shift extends to 4pm. Dinner shifts begin around 4pm and end around 8pm. Full time positions span both lunch and dinner.
Opportunities in our active commercial kitchen often start with a serving position. It can lead to other positions like prep-chef, and in some cases, a kitchen cook. Experience is preferred but training is available for an ideal candidate. From High School students to Seniors, or anyone in between you’ll work alongside a dynamic team who is respectful and helpful.
Benefits: You will have access to classes and meals. You will enjoy access to our vegetarian buffet at no charge and access, when available, to classes taught at the Institute. Guests travel from all over the world to visit the Institute for its offerings and wide range of classes. These classes include stress reduction, health & wellness, diet & nutrition, yoga and beyond that may interest any candidate. Access to our 400 acre campus just next to 9500 acres of gamelands for hiking & exploring is also a plus. Salary starts at $11.00 hour.
Apply Now: Click the link below to apply now. Supportive environment, flexible hours, full or part-time, access to classes and an all you can eat vegetarian buffet. There are a lot of good reasons to work at the Himalayan Institute. For an interview, send your resume to Brian Fulp at [email protected] OR fill out an online application by following this link below:
The Himalayan Institute is home to residents from all over the country and the world. Our community is held together by dedicated students of life who value collective responsibility and respect for all.