Full time (40 Hours)
Schedule: Flexible Hours depending on project assignments
Join our dynamic creative team! Our Creative Services department is looking for a highly motivated Video Editing associate to create promotional trailers, video advertisements, and tutorials for our online education programs, website and marketing efforts. This position is an opportunity to get hands-on experience in a thriving non-profit educational organization that offers opportunity for growth and advancement.
Keys to Success:
This role requires strong attention to detail and the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously. Strong interpersonal and communication skills are required to thrive in this dynamic team environment. Experience in Video Editing and a well developed visual aesthetic are requirements for this position. The ideal candidate should also have a drive to learn new things, grow creatively, and be a team player. Interest in photography, videography, graphic design, and audio production is highly desired. This is a position that allows motivated, creative people to get hands-on experience in a wide range of creative fields. The ideal candidate is also driven to grow personally and professionally, and have an interest in yoga, wellness and healthy living.
- Editing of marketing videos as well as educational videos
- Collaborate closely with videographers, faculty, and management.
- Assist on video shoots.
- Step into the role of second videographer if needed on more complex shoots.
- Edit raw footage (including audio tracks), and create professional HD videos.
- Optimize video for use on YouTube and other social media networks.
- Collaborate with the creative team to create impactful video content.
- Propose creative concepts for new projects.
- Jump in wherever required as a member of this fast moving, dynamic team.
- Past experience with video editing, videography, and audio recording
- Proficiency in Adobe Premiere Pro using Mac OS, and familiarity with Adobe Audition and After Effects.
- Strong data management skills and familiarity with Dropbox, Basecamp 3, and Google platforms is a plus.
- Eye for detail — attention to quality, accuracy, and continuity is of paramount importance in this role.
- Ability to work successfully both independently and on team-driven projects.
- Ability to work under regular deadline pressure and manage multiple projects.
- Ability to receive and integrate creative feedback.
- Demonstrate an ability to set and prioritize goals and achieve them as scheduled.
- Knowledge and understanding of Social Media platforms.
- Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and visual formats.
- An interest in yoga, wellness and healthy lifestyle is desirable.
- A self-starter with a positive attitude and strong collaboration skills.
The Himalayan Institute is home to residents from all over the country and the world. Our community is held together by dedicated students of life who value collective responsibility and respect for all. More than just employees, we are looking for new community members who share our goals of Community, Service, and Wisdom. You will be a part of our community living environment which functions on mutual respect and pride in our educational mission.
All Residential Positions include the following:
- A minimum commitment of one year unless otherwise stated.
- Benefits of the Himalayan Institute Residential program, including room and board featuring three delicious, healthy, vegetarian meals daily.
- Access to yoga seminars, yoga classes, and many other opportunities to study with exceptionally experienced teachers.
- Training and support for developing skills in your respective position.
- Opportunity for growth professionally and personally.
Join Our Team!