Explore the 15 asanas of the Hatha Yoga Pradipika, the best known pre-modern text on hatha yoga. Asana practice has proliferated in modern times, but a look at its early roots will help us reassess the purpose and potential of asana to reveal a deeper and more subtle experience in our current practice.
We’ll explore what these 15 asanas have to offer, and find ways to tailor them to our capacity while enjoying the benefits. We’ll also be able to refine our practice of other asanas in the light of this new understanding and experience, and perhaps find joy in additions to our repertoire.
Each session includes about 30 minutes of discussion followed by a 90 minute comprehensive practice incorporating selected asana from the HYP.
- September 14, Tuesday; 10:00-12:00 am Eastern Time
- Overview: What Do These 15 Asanas Have to Teach Us?
- September 17, Friday; 10:00-12:00 am
- The Surprising Emphasis on Sitting Postures:
- September 17, Friday; 4:00-5:00 pm
- September 21, Tuesday; 10:00-12:00 am
- Intention Guides Your Choices: Perfecting Effortlessness and Inner Absorption
Recordings of the sessions are usually available within the following four hours and remain available for seven days after the program completion.
This course qualifies for 7 hours CEU for Yoga Alliance accreditation