Body love and acceptance may seem like an unattainable concept.
Body kindness is all about starting small. From kindness, comes acceptance.
Join us for a retreat at the serene, scenic, and peaceful Himalayan Institute in the Poconos and begin your own personal body kindness project! With rolling hills, a lush shoreline, and magnificent sunrises and sunsets as our backdrop, this special weekend will include discussion, journaling, yoga, art, and support from a likeminded group of individuals who want to create a kind relationship with their bodies. There will also be plenty of time to explore the grounds, connect with nature, and replenish your mind, body, and spirit with relaxation and rest.
This series is appropriate for anyone who wants to explore how to be kind to their bodies. Whether you struggle with body image because of your past, weight, race, size, ability, aging, illness, or more, we invite you to join us. No yoga experience is necessary.
Themes we will explore include:
- How do I relate to my body?
- How do I talk to my body?
- How did my body image develop?
- How do my emotions affect my body image?
- How does my body language and body image affect my emotions?
- How can we use tools from yoga therapy to help us be kind our bodies?
- What’s the difference between tolerance, acceptance, respect, love, and kindness?
- How do we move forward with kindness?
In this series, we will:
- practice yoga asana, breathwork, meditation, visualization
- use the arts to express ourselves
- share in confidential, supportive discussions
- journal for reflection
SPACE IS LIMITED.
Date of Program: September 29- October 1, 2017
Tuition Cost: $275