Start here to learn Focused Awareness Meditation, deepen your practice and learn how to teach.
Expand Your Practice: Teaching Tools for Meditation
It has been said that if you truly want to know something, learn to teach it. The Meditation Teacher Training certification program will simultaneously raise your practice to a higher level, while giving you confidence to share this profound technique with others. Numerous scientific studies have found that regular practice of meditation offers immense benefits for your brain, your emotional health, your physical well-being and your spiritual connection. Those that complete the teacher training can apply for the Meditation Specialist Board Certification. www.NMSCB.org
Our 300 Hour Meditation Teacher Training Includes:
300-hour training offered in three components: the Focused Awareness Meditation Foundation Course (online at your own pace), Teacher Training 5-day Intensive, followed by Field Experience.
The Curriculum Includes:
- Evidence-based scientific research to support meditation
- Advanced study of posture (proper alignment, benefits and potential risks)
- Principles of anatomy
- Breathwork and Brain Enhancement
- Hands-on adjustments
- Informed use of props to improve or modify a meditation posture
- Systematic relaxation techniques
- Confidence-building through Knowledge, skills and practice teaching
- The Business of Meditation
What Makes Our Meditation Teacher Training Unique?
Lineage & Experience:
- We’ve refined our comprehensive curriculum utilizing a systematic sequence for over 20 years.
Intelligent Systematic Approach:
- Learn the art and science of health and wellness through meditation to build a self-sustaining meditation experience.
Learn to truly practice what you teach:
- Our program isn’t about memorizing and reciting sequences. Instead an emphasis is placed on developing your own personal practice and teaching the principles learned from your meditation experience.
Deep Immersion and a Powerful Learning Process:
- This instructor certification program is an intensive immersion into the ancient teachings of meditation integrated with cutting-edge science as delivered by Dr. Susan Taylor herself. Your personal practice continues to deepen with community connection through webinars, teleconferences, retreats and a powerful process that you can complete anywhere in the world. The training culminates in an interactive certification week at the Himalayan Institute in Honesdale, PA.
Profound Knowledge Balanced with Practical Skill Building:
- During the Focused Awareness Meditation certification program, each participant will learn the evidence-based science of meditation, breathing and relaxation techniques, personal instruction procedures, practical aspects of meditation, and methods of facilitating group meditations. The certification week of the program will provide nurturing practice and instruction in public speaking while teaching you skills to truly integrate this timeless body of knowledge.
What You’ll Be Able to Do
- Become a Board Certified Meditation Teacher
As a board certified Meditation Specialist, you will be able to set up, market, and teach classes in a manner and frequency that works with your schedule (subject to a few basic guidelines).
- Receive Ongoing Support
The Focused Awareness Meditation Certification will provide ongoing training, marketing support, and business development. You will also receive guidance through teaching materials, webinars and access to our international Meditation Specialist Teacher Directory.
- Be part of a Global Network
Upon completion of the program, you will be qualified to take the board certification (link to NMSCB.org) exams to teach Focused Awareness Meditation as a Meditation Specialist anywhere in the world. You will become part of our worldwide directory of educators and receive ongoing support.