For millennia, the yoga tradition has honored the extraordinary power of pilgrimage and group practice to transform our destiny. As sincere seekers, we’re well versed in our personal practice of yoga and have experienced its transformational capacity in our own lives. Yet many of us are left with a strong desire to further enrich this experience—to see our transformational potential expand beyond our personal life, and make a greater impact in our society and the larger world. This is precisely why the yoga tradition places such great emphasis on pilgrimage and group practice, as inseparable aspects of a living practice to enrich both ourselves and the world on every level.
Celebrated for thousands of years, the Kumbha Mela is the quintessential pilgrimage in the yoga tradition, and Rudra Yaga is the quintessential group practice. The exceptionally unique pairing of Rudra Yaga at the Kumbha Mela is a master practice in the Himalayan Tradition, empowering us to be a force of change.
In this webinar, we’ll explore the power of pilgrimage and group practice, including:
- The concept of sacred space and shrines in the yoga tradition
- The spiritual significance of pilgrimage as a living practice
- What is group practice and why is it integral to pilgrimage?
- The living practice of Rudra Yaga
- Why Rudra Yaga? Why now?
- The spiritual history of the Kumbha Mela
- Highlights of the Rudra Yaga at the Kumbha Mela 2019