Some of us live such fast-paced lives that we forget to take time out for ourselves. From there, we begin moving on autopilot going through the motions of the daily grind. Over time, this begins to seriously tax our systems. As we stray further away from our true nature of balance and ease, we move closer to imbalance and eventually “dis-ease” of the whole self (mind, body, and spirit).
Fortunately, the time-tested science of Ayurveda has many ways to help pull ourselves back toward harmony, peace, and health. Perhaps the oldest medical science in the world, Ayurveda is a vast and detailed holistic system designed to help people live a balanced and healthy life. This 5,000-year-old healing science is more than just a system for treating illness and is considered the science of life (ayur, meaning life, and veda, meaning knowledge).
PRESS THE RESET BUTTON ON YOUR LIFE and join E-RYT & Ayurvedic Health Counselors Nicole Domenic and Julie Konrad for a weekend filled with connection, movement, relaxation, breathing, and a chance to rediscover your true nature. Come nourish yourself with this 4-day retreat focused on self-care, self-healing, and self-love. Nestled in the heart of the Poconos, The Himalayan Institute is the perfect place to connect deeply to your whole self and the inner healer within as we move toward peace and balance.
Through an Ayurvedic lens we will explore:
- Our own personal constitution and unique makeup
- Common imbalances that many of us struggle with such as insomnia, anxiety, mental fatigue, weight gain, and the reasons behind them
- Ways to help improve digestion (physical and mental) and how to rid ourselves of toxins
- Why a simple daily routine is the first step toward bringing balance back
- Eating habits according to your specific dosha (personal constitution), seasonal eating tips, and food combination no-nos
- Practical and sustainable self-care practices that are easily adaptable to daily life
Highlights and benefits of the retreat:
- Daily yoga asana and meditation
- Tips on designing a personalized and tailored daily routine/self-care practice plan
- A working relationship with Ayurveda and a better understanding of yourself
- Daily guided relaxation practices
- 3 wonderfully nourishing vegetarian meals daily
- Unlimited access to hot beverages in the tea lounge
- Plenty of free time to explore the peaceful 400-acre property and/or stop in to the PureRejuv Wellness Center to schedule a bodywork session (it’s recommended to schedule this prior to your arrival)
- Lots of take-homes like informational handouts and Ayurvedic goodies
*$325 early bird special; $375 regular price (after January 3)