This weekend retreat is devoted to the joy of spring, the blooming of flowers, and the celebration of embodied life. Our celebration will involve using the tools of yoga to maximize our health and happiness. This weekend will brighten your yoga practice as we celebrate spring together through breath-led movement, yoga asana, pranayama, mantra, mudra, meditation, music, and storytelling at the Himalayan Institute yoga retreat center, in northeastern PA.
Our practice sessions will focus on strength, flexibility, and balance. These sessions will incorporate asana, pranayama, mantra, mudra, and meditation. We will assist and support one another to feel safe and secure so that you can practice with confidence.
Friday evening: Loosen up from your journey and unwind from your busy week.
- Opening Invocation
- Diaphragmatic Breathing
- Anjali Mudra
- Flowing Tai Chi Movements
- So-Hum Mantra Meditation
Saturday morning: Energize and strengthen the body. Focus the mind.
- Embody Strength and Vitality
- Bashtrika Pranayama (bellows breath)
- Ganesha Mudra
- Vinyasa Krama Asana for Strength and Stamina
- Ganesh Mantra Meditation
Saturday afternoon: Stretch the body. Enlighten the mind.
- Embody Fluidity and Grace
- Bhramari Pranayama (buzzing like a bee)
- Chin mudra
- Deep Stretching Asana
- 61-Point Guided Relaxation
Saturday evening: Celebrate Spring Outdoors.
- Gather Around the Bonfire
- Hear Stories about the Hindu Gods and Goddesses
- Chant Mantras
- Sing Songs of Celebration
Sunday morning: Integrate Strength and Flexibility for Better Balance.
- Embody Balanced Action
- Nadi Shodhana (Alternate Nostril) Pranayama
- Garuda Mudra
- Support One Another in Balance Poses
- Closing Blessing and Offering of Gratitude
There will be ample free time to enjoy hiking the wooded trails, booking a treatment at the wellness center (cost not included), or visiting the chocolate and coffee factory, coffee lounge, or gift shop. You may choose to book an extra night to see the full lunar clipse on Sunday night.
Please contact Jim Whitmoyer to register for the seminar: Cell (267) 994-9858; or Email: [email protected]