This course is Part 1 of a 2-Part series with Ishan Tigunait. Take both parts together for the definitive course to study and practice the Sri Sukta.
For thousands of years, tantric practitioners have practiced the sixteen mantras of the Sri Sukta to awaken and nurture a vibrant reality that is a conduit for experiencing inner prosperity. This underscores a central theme of tantra, and specifically the Sri Vidya school of tantra, which sees life as an opportunity for our spiritual aspirations and worldly ambitions to be united in a sacred bond. Put simply, tantra gives us the tools to thrive and shine at every stage of our personal growth. As one of tantra’s cardinal texts, Sri Sukta embodies this opportunity.
In his written commentary on Sri Sukta, Pandit Rajmani Tigunait unlocks the secret powers of the mantras of Sri Sukta to a great extent, and yet there are mantric nuances that can be best shared in an environment more intimate than what reading a book can offer. This online course is exactly that intimate environment.
This 6-part online course is intended to help you digest and assimilate the book Sri Sukta: The Tantra of Inner Prosperity, and capture the essence of tantric experience hidden between the words and the lines of the sixteen mantras of Sri Sukta. It will help you expand your understanding of mantra and the science of sacred fire underpinning all tantric practices. You’ll learn not only the wisdom contained in these mantras, but also their practical application by first learning to pronounce and recite these mantras, and then understanding how Sri Sukta can be practiced.
Program highlights include:
- The origins of Sri Sukta and their place in the broader tradition of tantra
- Dynamics of sacred fire (Jatavedas), and its relationship to the Divine Mother Sri and the Sri Sukta
- An introduction to the science of mantra and the secret of mantric transmission
- The meaning of inner prosperity and poverty, in light of Sri Sukta
- In-depth study of the Sri Sukta, mantra by mantra, to understand their meaning and context
- Understanding the core themes of Sri Sukta that are woven throughout
- Learning to pronounce the Sri Sukta, word by word, then as a single mantra, and finally as a complete cluster of mantras (sukta).
- Each of the 6 sessions will include lecture, Q&A, and pronunciation/recitation practice. The latter will be interactive where students will be invited to repeat along with the teacher.
- Downloadable audio recordings of the Sri Sukta
- Student’s learning version with a word by word, call and response format at a slower pace
- Full speed version that can be used to follow along during your recitation
- PDF of the Sri Sukta with Sanskrit and English transliteration
- Learn how to practice the Sri Sukta, as a catalyst to accelerate your current practice.
- This course qualifies you to join the Sri Sukta Sadhana Immersion Level 1, and undertake a unique 80-day practice of Sri Sukta culminating in a capstone experience of havan (sacred fire offering) of 80 recitations of Sri Sukta.
- Tantra Unveiled
- The Pursuit of Power and Freedom: Katha Upanishad (pages 33–46)
- At the Eleventh Hour (pages 106–113)