The Four Desires is a best-selling book, a workbook and meditation CD, but it all began and continues to be a powerful and truly life-changing process that Rod teaches as live events throughout the year. A course like no other, applying the most profound insights into happiness and lasting fulfillment, the Four Desires process will transform you and your life––forever. This is a course for anyone––those who have never done yoga, experienced yoga students and yoga teachers alike––that will teach you how to unlock your soul’s potential and empower you to prosper in every area of your life.
Throughout the weekend, Rod will guide you through short yoga and meditation practices, yoga nidra (complete physical, emotional and psychic relaxation) sessions as well as yogic methods of vichara (discernment, self-reflection), exercises to help you find answers to your life’s most vital questions. He will also provide you with the tools to ensure that you stay on your soul’s brightest path long after the workshop is over. In short, this weekend will empower you to fulfill your highest destiny.
“A human being is born to dive deep into the stream of life, find the hidden treasure and attain eternal fulfillment.”
The Four Desires is based on the ancient insight that your soul has four distinct desires…
Dharma—the desire for purpose, the drive to become who you are meant to be
Artha—the desire for the means (health, security, finances) to prosper materially
Kama—the desire for pleasures like intimacy, beauty, and love
Moksha—the desire for spiritual fulfillment and lasting freedom
The journey of learning to fulfill these four desires is how each of us creates our unique path to lasting happiness and, at the same time, how we each achieve our most vibrant, creative and meaningful contribution to the world.
This is a yoga training like no other. Guided by master teacher, Rod Stryker, you will uncover your life’s purpose, discover your heart’s desires and learn how to apply tantric science in the art of fulfilling them, heighten your intuition, learn the ancient process for fulfilling specific intentions and apply the most effective processes for breaking free from your non-constructive patterns. This is a process for anyone––whether you have never done yoga or you’re an expert––wanting a better, richer, more meaningful life.
To purchase the book, workbook or 2-CD practice set click here.
The Four Desires is a step-by-step process that will enable you to:
- Uncover your life’s unique purpose
- Discover your heart’s desires and increase your capacity to fulfill them
- Understand and transform your non-constructive patterns
- Access lasting peace
- Overcome future challenges
- Live more joyfully and intentionally
- Tap into the healing and strengthening power of deep meditation and systematic, complete relaxation
- Heighten your intuition
- Make your most creative and meaningful contribution to the world.
- Stay on your path to success and happiness
The Four Desires: Creating a Life of Purpose, Happiness, Prosperity, and Freedom by Rod Stryker
To prepare for the course we strongly recommend you read The Four Desires beforehand (at a minimum, the introduction and parts I – III).
This book can be purchased on our website or via Amazon; it is recommended that you read this prior to the training.
Note: In order to receive credit toward ParaYoga certification and Yoga Alliance RYT programs, as well as your certificate of completion for this training, you must complete a book report for this book, following our book report guidelines, and email it to us within six weeks following the completion of the training. You will not receive credit for submissions after the deadline; there are no make-up assignments.
- All reports need to be submitted in Word (.doc) or Adobe (.pdf) format.
- Please make sure your file is titled in the same format as the following example: (Your Name)_(name of training)(the year you did the training).doc (i.e. Ganesh B. Happy_Marma_2016.doc).
- When you are ready to submit your book report, please email it as an attached Word document to [email protected].
- Please make sure to include: your full name, title and date of training, and “book report” in your subject line.
The schedule for this event is 9:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m. and 3:00 p.m.–6:15 p.m. for each of the three days.