Yoga therapeutics, ayurvedic medicine, and traditional clinical psychotherapy are three powerful healing traditions which can restore balance in life. Imagine applying all three synergistically to support the challenges in your life, or in the lives of clients and students! Designed for yoga teachers, yoga therapists, and Ayurvedic Yoga Specialists, this program will also support social workers, psychotherapists, nurses, and allied health professionals who are looking to supplement their work with clinical applications of yogic and ayurvedic practices.
The Three Wisdom Traditions (3WT) program is designed to support healthy physical, energetic, emotional, and mental functioning, and recovery from maladaptive thinking or behavioral patterns. A “wraparound” at-home treatment plan will help you and your yoga students learn to develop self-regulation, resiliency, adaptability, and interpersonal support.
The In-Person Learning Lab Retreat introduces techniques from each of the Three Wisdom Traditions and provides opportunities for application. Explore combining techniques into a supportive blueprint for your own self-evolution, and practice with clinical adaptations of the 3WT system. Our work together will include examining case studies to develop at-home support plans.
As a Three Wisdom Traditions Wellness Coach you will also be mentored, as you learn to integrate these potent wisdoms into your work and be able to offer daily support to your clients using yogic practices, ayurvedic lifestyle, and diet, along with psychological approaches to positive thinking, healthy attachment, and self-regulation.
As a yoga teacher, ayurvedic practitioner, and clinical psychotherapist Kathryn Templeton has developed the Three Wisdom Traditions (3WT) program with two goals in mind:
- To support caregivers and healing professionals of all traditions to create a balanced lifestyle, develop practices for their own self-care, and decrease burnout and secondary traumatization.
- To offer practitioners of each Wisdom Tradition tools to provide wraparound support for clients and patients, to continue their healing work outside of the session.
For certification as a 3WT Wellness Coach, there are four steps:
- Online completion of the 3WT Conceptual Foundations program on YogaInternational.com (soon to be released)
- In-Person Learning Lab Retreat to apply the conceptual theories presented in the online training
- Himalayan Institute’s Ayurvedic Yoga Specialist Program
- Himalayan Institute’s AYS Torchbearer Mentoring Program
*You may take these programs in any order and at your own pace.