Yoga therapeutics, ayurvedic medicine, and traditional clinical psychotherapy are three powerful healing traditions which can restore balance in life. Imagine applying all three of these wisdom traditions synergistically to support the challenges in your life, or in the lives of your clients and students! Designed for yoga teachers, yoga therapists, and Ayurvedic Yoga Specialists, this program will also support social workers, psychotherapists, nurses, and allied health professionals who are looking to supplement their work with clinical applications of yogic and ayurvedic practices.
The Three Wisdom Traditions (3WT) program is designed to support healthy physical, energetic, emotional, and mental functioning, and recovery from maladaptive thinking or behavioral patterns. A “wraparound” at-home treatment plan will help you and your yoga students learn to develop self-regulation, resilience, adaptability, and interpersonal support.
This In-Person Learning Lab introduces techniques from each of the Three Wisdom Traditions and provides opportunities for application. Explore combining techniques into a supportive blueprint for your own self-evolution and practice with clinical adaptations of the 3WT system. Our work together will include examining case studies to develop at-home support plans.
As a Three Wisdom Traditions Wellness Coach you will also receive guidance in the form of mentoring as you learn to integrate the tools of these potent wisdoms into your professional work. This mentoring aspect of the program will continue to support you as you learn to design daily wellness plans for your clients using yogic practices, ayurvedic diet and lifestyle recommendations, and psychological approaches to positive thinking, healthy attachment, and self-regulation.
As a yoga teacher, ayurvedic practitioner, and clinical psychotherapist Kathryn Templeton has developed the Three Wisdom Traditions (3WT) program with two main goals in mind:
- To support caregivers and healing professionals of all traditions to create a balanced lifestyle, develop practices for their own self-care, and decrease burnout and secondary traumatization.
- To offer practitioners of each Wisdom Tradition the tools to provide wraparound support for clients and patients, to continue their healing work outside of the session.
For certification as a 3WT Wellness Coach, there are three steps*:
- Online completion of the 3WT Core Concepts program launching on YogaInternational.com
- Attendance at the In-Person Learning Lab Retreat to apply the conceptual theories presented in the 3WT online training program
- Participation in the 3WT Mentoring program, launching online in the spring of 2018 on YogaInternational.com
We strongly suggest you have completed the online 3WT Core Concepts program before attending this Learning Lab Retreat as it will offer you a foundational understanding for applying these Wisdom Traditions to managing the stress response.
*You may take these programs in any order and at your own pace.
Download the schedule to learn more about this fantastic program!