The Vishoka Meditation 40-Day At-Home Practice is a 6-week (once per week) webinar designed to help you begin or intensify your at-home Vishoka Meditation practice. This program is specifically designed for students who have already taken the Vishoka Meditation Course, and is a 40-day home practice that will focus on experiential refinement of Vishoka Meditation rather than learning the techniques. The key to unlocking the full potential of Vishoka Meditation is systematically cultivating a living experience through practice.
In this program, we’ll deconstruct the Vishoka Meditation system into a series of steps so you can build a strong foundation of preparatory practices before we dive into the complete practice of Vishoka Meditation. Learn how these techniques are sequenced, refined and integrated into a complete, living practice.
“Vishoka Meditation is the legacy of a long line of masters who realized that transcending pain and sorrow is crucial to finding lasting happiness…The secret of mastering the practice lies in the precision and effortlessness employed in uniting the mind and breath and turning their united forces inward. Mastery further depends on two things: first, adhering strictly to the sequence of techniques for uniting the mind and breath and turning them inward; and second, exercising patience.” – Pandit Rajmani Tigunait, PhD, Vishoka Meditation
- Systematically unpack all of the teachings from the Vishoka Meditation Course and Vishoka Meditation book and cultivate a living experience of the practice.
- Build a solid foundation by practicing each preparatory technique step by step, including:
- Finding your seat
- Diaphragmatic breath training
- Systematic relaxation techniques
- Nadi Shodhana pranayama
- So Hum pranayama
- Building up to the complete practice of Vishoka Meditation by sequentially practicing Aharana pranayama, Samikarana pranayama and the main body of Vishoka Meditation.
- Learn valuable refinements to deepen your practice of Vishoka Meditation, and establish a home practice.
- Immerse yourself in a 40-day daily practice to cultivate a living experience while building momentum that will take you forward in your personal practice.
- Each session will include a guided practice, which you can use as your daily practice for that week’s homework assignment.
- Weekly 90 minute Zoom webinar session at 7pm US Eastern on Tuesdays, starting from January 24, 2023 for 6 weeks.
- Sessions will be available for on-demand viewing within 4 hours of the live presentation
- All sessions will continue to be available on-demand after the completion of the program.
- Sessions will be a blend of lecture, Q&A, and guided practice.
- In each session, participants will be given a short daily practice homework assignment for the following week, with practice resources referenced from the Vishoka Meditation Digital Companion or Himalayan Institute Wisdom Library.
- This 40-day at-home practice is a powerful compliment to the Vishoka Meditation Course, and is a key prerequisite for acceptance into the Vishoka Meditation Teacher Training
Weekly 90 minute Zoom webinar session at 7pm US Eastern on Tuesdays, starting from January 24, 2023 for 6 weeks.
- January 24th: Laying the Foundation: Preparing the Body and Mind
- January 31st: Continuum of Experience: Breath Refinement to Pranic Awareness
- February 7th: Uniting Breath & Mind: Aharana Pranayama
- February 14th: Cultivating Inner Balance: Samikarana Pranayama
- February 21st: The Complete Practice of Vishoka Meditation
- February 28th: Optimizing your Practice of Vishoka Meditation
- The Vishoka Meditation Course
- Required reading: Vishoka Meditation
- Also available in Kindle ebook, and Audiobook formats
- Himalayan Institute Wisdom Library access via H.I. Mission Membership
Online sessions will be held on Tuesdays from 7:00pm – 8:30pm EDT starting on Tuesday, January 24th and ending on Tuesday, February 28nd.
All online lectures will be held over Zoom.
All of the live Zoom sessions, downloadable course materials, and playback videos will be delivered directly through your online Course Portal upon signing up. All playback videos will be available within 4 hours after the conclusion of each session.