Most of us carry grief in our body in some way. Grief is caused by loss of loved ones, loss of jobs, of homes, of business, relationships, and more. When left unattended it can manifest into mental, physical, and emotional strain.
Yoga and mindfulness are pathways to move some of the grief energy through the body in a constructive manner. Come spend a weekend dedicated to processing your grief, in a constructive, supportive way. We’ll spend time addressing how grief is showing up for you, and use movement, breath, and mindfulness exercises to find release.
Grief can feel incredibly isolating; being with others can remind us that we’re not alone, allow us to drop deeper into our feelings, and acknowledge that the pain we feel is real.
The weekend will include daily yoga sessions, optional hikes, nourishing meals, and plenty of time for cozy cups of tea, journaling, and rest.
No experience is needed; only a willingness to show up. Brand-new beginners will find plenty of direction on all aspects of our practice, and more experienced yogis will discover ways to use their practice to support healing.
This retreat is being offered through Yoga Home at the Himalayan Institute, approximately 3 hours from Philadelphia. Please note, all participants must be vaccinated and adhere to the Himalayan Institute’s COVID protocol.
- 4 yoga practices – these will include a mix of slow flow, gentle, restorative, and yoga nidra (appropriate for all levels, even beginners)
- Nature walk and hiking on the beautiful grounds of the Himalayan Institute
- Downtime for whatever your heart and soul needs
Reserve your Retreat Package through Yoga Home
Community Tiered Pricing
- $300 – pays for you and in support of another
- $250 – pays for you (use promo code grief250 at checkout)
- $200 – supported rate (use promo code grief200 at checkout)
*Our community tiered pricing model supports sustainability, access, and equity, making the practice of yoga more accessible to all. It’s also a practice in self-awareness and mindfulness. Please consider what feels sustainable for you and supportive of our community.
Once payment is received for your retreat package, you will be emailed a confirmation and a reservation link to book your accommodations directly with the Himalayan Institute.
Accommodation Packages Starting at $90/night (booked directly through the Himalayan Institute)
- Lodging options vary, ranging from shared rooms to deluxe suites – you choose! View accommodations options here
- All meals, healthy & vegetarian
- Additional healing arts services optional
Event dates: February 25-27, 2022
- Check-in 4pm (dinner is at 6pm, program starts 7:15pm), Check-out Sunday 12:30pm (program concludes at noon, you are welcome to stay for lunch)
- Location: Himalayan Institute, Pocono Mountains PA
COVID Protocol: All participants must be vaccinated. Retreat is limited to 12 students to allow for spacing as well as individual attention. Click here for full details on COVID protocol.