The intersection of power, fulfillment, and freedom distinguishes tantra from other paths of yoga and spirituality. Tantra leads us to where our spiritual aspirations and worldly ambitions are united in a sacred bond. It gives us access to what we are and what we wish to become. Put simply, tantra gives us the tools to thrive and shine at every stage of our personal growth. As one of tantra’s cardinal practices, Sri Sukta embodies the best of tantra vidya.
Sri Sukta is a cluster of 16 mantras dedicated to the Divine Mother. These awakened mantras empower us to pull the forces of abundance and nurturance toward ourselves so we can experience life’s fullness.
For thousands of years, tantric practitioners have practiced the sixteen mantras of the Sri Sukta to awaken and nurture a vibrant reality that is a conduit for experiencing inner prosperity. This underscores a central theme of tantra, and specifically the Sri Vidya school of tantra, which sees life as an opportunity for our spiritual aspirations and worldly ambitions to be united in a sacred bond. Put simply, tantra gives us the tools to thrive and shine at every stage of our personal growth. As one of tantra’s cardinal texts, Sri Sukta embodies this opportunity.
In his written commentary on Sri Sukta, Pandit Rajmani Tigunait unlocks the secret powers of the mantras of Sri Sukta to a great extent, and yet there are mantric nuances that can be best shared in an environment more intimate than what reading a book can offer. This online course is exactly that intimate environment.
In the Sri Sukta Course, you will systematically learn the meaning and pronunciation of Sri Sukta, and assimilate the essence of tantric experience hidden between the lines of these mantras. We’ll go through all 16 mantras of the Sri Sukta to understand their meaning individually, as well as key themes that span across all of the mantras. Learn to pronounce each mantra, word by word, as a single mantra, and eventually as a complete cluster of mantras (sukta). Learn about the origins of Sri Sukta and its relationship to the broader world of tantra, the dynamics of sacred fire (Jatavedas) and the power of mantra. Finally, we’ll learn how you can practice Sri Sukta, and prepare yourself to undertake a formal practice to apply this tantric wisdom to accelerate your current practice.
Program highlights include:
- On-demand sessions are released each week (for a total of 4 weeks’ material) after purchase. Comprehensively cover the core themes of Sri Sukta and the meaning of each mantra throughout the course. Each week you’ll receive 3 to 4 hours of on-demand sessions covering:
- The origins of Sri Sukta and their place in the broader tradition of tantra
- Dynamics of sacred fire (Jatavedas), and its relationship to the Divine Mother Sri and the Sri Sukta
- An introduction to the science of mantra and the secret of mantric transmission
- The meaning of inner prosperity and poverty, in light of Sri Sukta
- In-depth study of the Sri Sukta, mantra by mantra, to understand their meaning and context
- Learning to pronounce the Sri Sukta, word by word, then as a single mantra, and finally as a complete cluster of mantras (sukta).
- Introduction to Sanskrit pronunciation, and Sri Sukta pronunciation/recitation practice sessions where you’ll be able to repeat along with the teacher.
- Downloadable audio recordings of the Sri Sukta
- Student’s learning version with a word by word, call and response format at a slower pace
- Full speed version that can be used to follow along during your recitation
- PDF of the Sri Sukta with Sanskrit and English transliteration
- Learn how to practice the Sri Sukta, as a catalyst to accelerate your current practice.
- This course qualifies you to join the Sri Sukta Sadhana Immersion Stage 1, and undertake a unique 80-day practice of Sri Sukta culminating in a capstone experience of havan (sacred fire offering) of 80 recitations of Sri Sukta.
About the Teachers
Growing up at the Himalayan Institute, Ishan Tigunait received his first spiritual lessons from Swami Rama of the Himalayas, and has continued his spiritual education for the past 30 years under the guidance of his father, Pandit Rajmani Tigunait. Ishan serves as Executive Director of the Himalayan Institute, and has been a driving force for the Hi...Read full bio