Full time (40 Hours)
Schedule: Mon–Fri, 8:30 a.m.–5:30 p.m.; Flexible depending on program schedule. This job is designed around HI’s online platform livestream schedule and our Mission Programming schedule which may vary week to week, and sometimes include early evening and weekend sessions.
Come join our growing team! The Himalayan Institute’s offerings are rapidly expanding, and how we engage and communicate with our community online is critical to the success of our mission.
The Content Production team is looking for an energetic, self-motivated individual who is eager to learn and grow in the field of digital content and live online content production. The Digital Content Production Associate plays a critical role in executing the vision of the HI Online educational and content strategy, ensuring the smooth and continuous operation of our content pipeline, focused on live onlines courses and content production.
Join this thriving nonprofit as we usher in an exciting new era for our online educational mission!
About The Job:
The Digital Content Production Associate is responsible for executing content acquisition (primarily live content), digital content production, and web publishing processes.
Keys To Success
To succeed at this job, you must be:
- Detail oriented
- Personally organized and timely
- In the habit of actively maintaining professional communications, particularly email
- Independent yet highly collaborative
- Flexible and agile with regard to evolving tasks and priorities
- Eager and Quick to learn new skills, processes, and technical tools
- Aptitude and interest in working with tech, specifically A/V tech, software and web applications.
- Comfort with standard office software (documents, spreadsheets, presentations)
- Resume summarizing relevant education and professional experience
Responsibilities of the Digital Content Production Manager role are generally divided into two categories: digital content capture/production and publishing & post-publishing communications. Responsibilities may also include some pre-production coordination as well as equipment mastery, troubleshooting and research involving hardware/equipment knowledge.
Digital Content Pre-Production
- Collaborate and communicate with key stakeholders involved in production events (including but not limited to: presenters, event logistics team, mission programming decision makers, marketing team, etc.)
- Execute any necessary equipment/tech/space testing necessary in preparation for live capture event
Digital Content Capture/Production
- Support content capture process (setup and basic operations for lighting, videography, audio tech, quality control)
- Webinar host responsibilities for live content and live courses, supporting all presenter needs during the live capture
- Data transfer and post-recording data handling responsibilities
Publishing & Post-publishing Communications
- Data uploading to content page or course portal
- Content post building using web applications
- Basic video/audio content editing
- Arrange content into one of several pre-defined templates
- Review & troubleshoot content with Production Manager and/or Web team
- Content archive management
The following are some things that we would love to see in a candidate for Digital Content Production Associate.
- Appreciation for or expertise in relevant subject matter, including yoga, meditation, ayurveda, and/or holistic health
- Enthusiasm to learn new skills, engage in creative problem-solving and innovative processes, and expand beyond your knowledge base
- Experience in videography, video editing
- Exposure to a wide range of technical tools, including but not limited to Zoom, Vimeo, Amazon S3, WordPress, OBS, NDI Virtual Input, Handbrake, Adobe Premiere
- Formal experience working on or in collaboration with a content or marketing team
- Content writing—ability to summarize, maintain voice for small pieces