The Himalayan Institute holds the wellbeing and safety of our guests, staff, and community as our top most priority. We invite you to come and enjoy our vibrant, friendly environment with the understanding that we all have a shared responsibility to follow best practices at the Institute and in our personal lives, for everyone’s health and peace of mind.
Due to the decrease in the severity of COVID cases, and the normalization of COVID in society, we are making changes to our campus COVID policy:
- As of April 15, 2023 we are no longer requiring a negative test for those attending programs.
- Masks are optional on our campus.
- We are open to all people, with or without COVID-19 vaccination.
- For your personal safety and that of our community, we encourage all guests to monitor for symptoms of Covid-19 and other illnesses before your visit.
We hope these policies feel welcoming to all, while still providing some reassurance that a visit here will be safe and enjoyable.
Our Promise to You. We will:
- Adhere to COVID-19 best practice protocols based on CDC and State and Federal government guidelines.
- Maintain thorough cleaning and ventilation throughout our buildings.
- Provide hand sanitizer stations.
- Strive to provide you with what you need to make your experience with us outstanding.
Your Promise to Us. You will:
- Incorporate best practices for a COVID-19 safer lifestyle and travel, at least for the 7 days before you visit the Institute. (see below)
- Wash your hands and use hand sanitizer as needed.
- Choose another time to visit the Institute if you:
- are ill.
- test positive for COVID-19 in the 10 prior to arrival.
- have been exposed in the last 7 days to anyone with COVID-19.
- have been exposed to an area with high COVID-19 cases where you are not able to maintain COVID-19 safe practices.
Best Practices for a COVID-19 safer Lifestyle
Please incorporate best practices for a COVID-19 safer lifestyle and travel, at least for the 7 days before you visit the Institute. If you are not able to follow these COVID-safer guidelines, please choose another time to come.
- Avoid crowded, poorly ventilated indoor gatherings where COVID-19 has a greater chance of spreading.
- We recommend that you wear a mask when using public transportation like planes, trains and buses.
- Monitor yourself and people you live with for COVID-19 symptoms, and test if you have symptoms.
General Information for Guests
- The Himalayan Institute community adheres to COVID-19 best practices protocols based on CDC and State and Federal government guidelines.
- Hand washing/hand sanitizing is required before entering the dining hall buffet line.
- Our COVID-19 policies may change as the situation changes and new information becomes available.
- Staff and guests agree to use COVID-19 safety strategies when traveling. Check those out here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/travel-during-covid19.html
- Guests agree to notify our Guest Services desk if they become ill while staying on campus so we can assist you.
- We are prepared to quarantine and/or isolate guests and staff who test positive.
- If you are ill, or have been exposed to COVID-19, stay home.
If You Get Sick While Staying at the Himalayan Institute:
- Contact our Guest Services team at the front desk or call 570-253-5551 #1 and let them know. After hours call 570-216-8249 or 973-283-4100 answering service.
- Isolate yourself.
- If you have an emergency, call 911.
- Contact your healthcare practitioner or local urgent care provider, and follow their guidance.
- Have a plan in place to get home as soon as possible.
Greg Capitolo, Mission Programs Director
Brian Fulp, Retreat Center Director