Join our growing team! Our Retreat Center Kitchen is seeking a candidate who has a passion for infusing love, nourishment, and variety into our daily offerings of breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
The ideal candidate is friendly, presentable, a great team player and responsible for working with the kitchen manager to prepare buffet style, large scale dishes as well as special events.
Kitchen Cook Job Responsibilities:
- Understand and execute day to day food preparation and recipes for
- Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, along with Salad, Veggie Prep and Side Dishes
- Cleanliness and organization: walk-in coolers, fridge, equipment, Maintains a clean workspace at all times
- Trained in food handling requirements (ServSAFE)
- Strong communication skills
- Strong time management skills: ability to organize and plan your own duties
- Ability to work under pressure and keep a positive attitude
- Follow procedures with high standards of cleanliness and hygiene
- Cook, bake, recipe test, and food product development
- Practice efficiency, and responsibility in the kitchen
- Physically-able, capable of placing food pans into buffet, carrying 50-lbs up and down stairs.
Environment: At the Himalayan Institute, the heart of our operation begins with the meals we provide guests and residents–truly supporting the entire organization. The Himalayan Institute is open 7 days a week. We have an intentional community of around 100 residents and serve between 20-100 guests daily depending on the season.
Schedules & Hours: Schedules are flexible with full and part time opportunities. Generally starting around 9:00 a.m. Our kitchen team spends the morning preparing lunch, salads, and soups all before lunch (12:30 p.m.). After lunch shifts start at 1:30 p.m. and extend through 5:00 p.m.
Opportunities in our active commercial kitchen often start with a serving position. It can lead to other positions like prep-chef, and in some cases, a kitchen cook. Experience is preferred but training is available for an ideal candidate. From High School students to Seniors, or anyone in between you’ll work alongside a dynamic team who is respectful and helpful.
Benefits: You will have access to classes and meals. You will enjoy access to our vegetarian buffet at no charge and access, when available, to classes taught at the Institute. Guests travel from all over the world to visit the Institute for its offerings and wide range of classes. These classes include stress reduction, health & wellness, diet & nutrition, yoga and beyond that may interest any candidate. Access to our 400 acre campus just next to 9500 acres of gamelands for hiking & exploring is also a plus. Salary starts at $11.00 hour.
Apply Now: Click the link below to apply now. Supportive environment, flexible hours, full or part-time, access to classes and an all you can eat vegetarian buffet. There are a lot of good reasons to work at the Himalayan Institute. For an interview, send your resume to Brian Fulp at [email protected] OR fill out an online application by following this link below:
The Himalayan Institute is home to residents from all over the country and the world. Our community is held together by dedicated students of life who value collective responsibility and respect for all.