Schedule: Thurs-Mon, 8:30 a.m.–5:30 p.m.; some flexibility depending on program schedule
About the Job
The PureRejuv Wellness Center (PRWC) at the Himalayan Institute is looking for a highly-motivated and dedicated person to manage our holistic weekend wellness retreats. These retreats are 2-4 days in length, and accommodate 6-18 participants, and occur 2-3 times a month.
The Institute has been running weekend wellness retreats for over 20 years, with their goal being to maximize each person’s capacity to heal. We use a holistic approach to healing that uses integrative medicine, Ayurveda, yoga practices, biofeedback and massage, along with education and empowerment with lectures and practicums. It is truly a delight to watch clients transform over their time with us!
We need a friendly and motivated person to organize and support these retreats. The ideal person has an interest in (or love for!) integrative/holistic medicine, and is enthusiastic about helping people heal. We are looking for people who are also eager to live in a yoga community that is supported by a living tradition, and to work toward a common goal.
- Handle all phone requests for more in-depth information for retreats and programs, answering questions and addressing concerns of prospective participants;
- Check bookretreats.com daily and answer all inquiries through that website;
- Check booking report regularly, and contact all attendees that registered online, develop good communication with guest;
- Transfer data from BookRetreats booking system to our wellness center appointment platform, MindBody;
- Create and process confirmation and informational emails at appropriate times in advance of each program ;
- Schedule appointments and services for all attendees in MindBody;
- Create Welcome Folders for every participant for every program composed of welcome letter, individualized schedules and applicable handouts specific to each program (these are given to Reception before arrival);
- Create gift bags for Panchakarma and Pure Rejuvenation programs, containing journals, neti products, teas and tongue scraper;
- Work with retreat center staff to facilitate scheduling, room set-up and guest flow.
- Communicate well with wellness center staff, especially the retreat presenter, about scheduling clinical appointments, yoga classes, lectures and group sessions.
- Once monthly, help to set-up private dining for our guests, and support food service in serving meals on Fri-Sat-Sun.
- Resolve any problems that arise during the retreat (patient requests, maintenance needs, unforeseen scheduling conflicts).
- Weekend (Sat-Sun) reception duties at the PRWC: answer phones, schedule appointments, take payments and generally maintain the office and waiting room spaces.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- The ability to be flexible and adaptable – to meet the variable needs in the moment.
- Strong computer skills (web-based email and document sharing/management).
- Organizational abilities – holding together the many details involved in coordinating and executing each wellness program
- Experience in event planning, or project management (preferred).
- A passion for wellness, balanced living and integrative medicine
- A willingness to learn and grow!
The Himalayan Institute is home to residents from all over the country and the world. Our community is held together by dedicated students of life who value collective responsibility and respect for all. We are looking for more than employees but for people wanting to join our community and work toward a common goal. You will be a part of our community living environment which functions on mutual respect and pride in our organizational mission.
All Residential Positions include the following:
- A minimum commitment of one year unless otherwise stated.
- Benefits of the Himalayan Institute Residential program, including room and board.
- Access to yoga seminars, yoga classes, and many other opportunities to study with exceptionally experienced teachers.
- Training and support for developing skills in your respective position.