- Yoga and ayurvedic philosophy: understanding purusha (pure consciousness) and prakriti (universal nature)
- The elements manifest in the body: koshas and doshas
- The ayurvedic clock: the hour, season, and stages of life
This program has been recognized by and is registered with the National Ayurvedic Medical Association (NAMA).
All dedicated yoga students and teachers are invited to take this training, but certification will only be given to students who have 200-hour yoga certification from an accredited yoga school. A letter of completion may be provided for those who do not wish to pursue a 200-hour yoga teacher certification.
- Sessions 1 to 3 can be taken as independent workshops and must be completed
before registering for Unit 4.
- Unit 2 may be taken as an online course or in person only at the Himalayan Institute.
- All four sessions are required for certification.