“Ayurveda encourages optimum health of the body and mind, as well as an understanding of what different people and body types need to lead a healthy, vibrant life.”
Some of us live such a fast-paced life that we forget to take time out for ourselves. From there we begin moving on autopilot, going through the motions of the daily grind. Over time this begins to seriously tax our systems: as we stray further away from our true nature of balance and ease we move closer to imbalance and eventually “dis-ease” of the whole self — mind, body, and spirit.
Fortunately, the time-tested science of ayurveda has manyways to help pull ourselves back toward harmony, peace, and health. Perhaps the oldest medical science in the world, ayurveda is a vast and detailed holistic system designed to help people live a balanced, healthy life. This 5,000-year-old healing science is more than just a system for treating illness. It is considered the science of life (ayur, meaning “life,” and veda, meaning “knowledge,” in Sanskrit terms). It allows people to become their healthiest selves, with the intention of avoiding illnesses rather than treating them if they develop later on due to lifestyle choices.
Press the reset button on your life and join ayurvedic health counselor and yoga specialist Nicole Domenic for a weekend filled with connection, movement, relaxation, breathing, and a chance to rediscover your true nature. Come nourish yourself with this 3-day retreat focused on self-care, self-healing, and self-love. Nestled in the heart of the Poconos, the Himalayan Institute is the perfect place to connect deeply to your whole self and the inner healer within as we move toward peace and balance.
Through an ayurvedic lens we will explore:
- Our own personal constitution and unique makeup
- Common imbalances that so many of us struggle with, such as insomnia, anxiety, mental fatigue, weight gain, and the reasons behind them
- Ways to help improve digestion (physical and mental) and how to rid ourselves of toxins
- Why a simple daily routine is the first step toward bringing balance back
- Eating habits according to our specific dosha (personal constitution), seasonal eating tips, and food combination no-nos
- Practical and sustainable self-care practices that are easily adaptable to daily life
Highlights and benefits of the retreat:
- Daily yoga and meditation
- A personalized and tailored daily routine/self-care practice plan to take home
- A working relationship with ayurveda and a better understanding of yourself
- Daily guided relaxation practices
- 3 wonderfully nourishing meals daily
- Unlimited access to hot beverages in the tea lounge
- Plenty of free time to explore the peaceful 400-acre property and/or stop in to the PureRejuv Spa to schedule a bodywork session (it’s recommended to schedule this prior to your arrival)
- Lots of take-homes, like informational handouts and ayurvedic goodies
*Please bring comfortable clothes for yoga practice, a yoga mat, a notebook and pen, and appropriate attire for hiking (hike is optional)
*Please note the program does not begin until 7:15 p.m. on Friday evening. Check-in begins at 4 p.m. with optional hatha yoga class at 5 p.m., and dinner 6-7 p.m. (Friday-night yoga and dinner are included with your room and food registration through the Himalayan Institute, but not required…I highly suggest it though, as it will help set the tone for your retreat.) You will receive a sample schedule for the weekend once you have registered.