*This program will include a special lecture from Pandit Rajmani Tigunait, author of Vishoka Meditation: The Yoga of Inner Radiance*
Vishoka Meditation is grounded in the direct experience of the sages of the Himalayan Tradition, including Buddha and Patanjali, and embodies yoga’s essential wisdom on the path of meditation. So far in the west, partial techniques have been introduced as independent systems of meditation. This tendency compromises the efficacy of such meditative techniques, and meditators are left with limited results. Vishoka Meditation is not just a technique, rather, a complete system to reclaim our inner radiance and train our mind to remain clear, focused, firm, productive, and joyful in all circumstances and situations in life. This timeless practice is taught succinctly in the Yoga Sutra 1:36 and elaborated by the masters in the Sri Vidya Tradition of Tantra.
Vishoka Meditation is taught in three successive stages. This course focuses on the first stage, and is meant to help us balance the ecology of our body, calm our nervous system, restore our inner equilibrium, and lead the mind to its home base, ajna chakra—the joyful and radiant space of consciousness at the center of the forehead. This stage of the practice enables us to conquer our self-defeating tendencies, become master of our mind and experience the pristine nature of our spiritual heart.
In this program, we’ll learn the dynamics of this first stage of Vishoka Meditation—prerequisites and precautions, training the body to cooperate with the mind, breathing techniques to restore the ecology of the body, relaxation techniques to calm the nervous system, pranayama techniques to energize the mind, concentration techniques to free the mind from disturbing thoughts, and a sequence of practices to turn the mind inward to explore and find its inherent joy and brilliance.
This program is the official companion to Pandit Tigunait’s Vishoka Meditation book, and is designed to help you comprehensively experience the wisdom and practices described therein. You’ll receive guidance on the subtle points of Vishoka Meditation, which require the direct guidance of a teacher proficient in this practice. The ultimate goal of the program is to help you immerse in the practice and gain first-hand experience found only in deeper states of meditation.
- Learn the essential wisdom and spiritual origins of Vishoka Meditation through the life stories of masters from the Himalayan Tradition
- Explore how Vishoka Meditation draws upon the source wisdom of the yogic and tantric traditions, including the Yoga Sutra
- Experience the power of pranic awareness as the gateway to unlocking the deeper power of the mind and senses
- Daily classes, practicums and guided practices to help you experientially learn each step of Vishoka Meditation
- Group practice of Vishoka Meditation in the spiritually vibrant, consecrated space of the Sri Vidya Shrine
- Includes complimentary access to the digital companion ecourse, featuring guided practices and the essential teachings of Vishoka Meditation
- This program is strongly recommended for the upcoming Teachers Training Program in Vishoka Meditation
Vishoka Meditation—The Yoga of Inner Radiance by Pandit Rajmani Tigunait, PhD