What Is Panchakarma?
Panchakarma, a small therapeutic retreat for a maximum of 8 people, is the preeminent healing and detoxification process in traditional ayurvedic medicine. According to ayurveda, this cleanse is one of the most effective treatments in healing disease, clearing toxins, and restoring balance to the body.
Ayurveda believes all illness stems from toxin (ama) accumulation and energetic imbalances in the body and mind. Through the gentle, yet comprehensive purification offered in Panchakarma, these toxins are cleared and energies are brought into harmony. You will feel cleaner, energized, and more vibrant in body and mind.
Whether you seek a simple seasonal re-balancing or an in-depth therapeutic evaluation for more serious concerns, this restorative cleanse will bring rejuvenation and healing. Our experienced wellness team has been leading the panchakarma cleansing retreat for over 19 years, and they have the expertise and respect to honor your self-care journey toward restoration. Join us for four days of purification, healing, and renewal.
Who Manages the Program?
The entire retreat is overseen and managed by the medical director of the PureRejuv Wellness Center, Dr. Carrie Demers. Board-certified in both integrative medicine and internal medicine, Dr. Demers is an integrative physician who blends modern science with ayurvedic medicine. Dr. Demers will work closely with your retreat team to prescribe customized treatments based on your current mental, physical, and medical condition. She will help you identify your dosha (ayurvedic constitution), your vikriti (doshic imbalance), and how to work toward a more balanced and healthy lifestyle. Dr. Demers is with you every step of this cleansing process, encouraging you and supporting you along the way!
Highlights from the Four-Day Panchakarma Retreat:
Enjoy the personal attention of an experienced team of health professionals, and three days of treatments, including:
- Individual consultations with medical director, Dr. Carrie Demers, MD
- Daily cleansing massages and therapeutic relaxation
- Steam therapy for further toxin removal
- Special relaxing oil therapies such as shirodhara and nasya
- Gentle morning hatha yoga classes
- Light, simple, and nutritiously cleansing meals served three times a day, featuring kitchari, a traditional ayurvedic cleansing dish, vegetable soups, whole grains, and chutneys (all gluten-free)
- Freshly squeezed, organic juices served twice per day
- Biofeedback sessions to help with stress management and breath training
- Evening lectures and discussion on a variety of topics regarding cleansing, ayurveda, meditation, and relaxation techniques
- A personal take-home plan for continued success after the retreat has ended
All Inclusive Package Pricing:
Panchakarma is $2,170 for the 4-day retreat.
This price includes all services, treatments, special meals, and juices, plus private accommodations in either our guest house or the main building. By choosing to stay in our private deluxe accommodations, you will have more privacy and quiet time to fully immerse yourself in the cleansing process.
Note: The Panchakarma Ayurvedic Retreat is contraindicated during pregnancy and may aggravate an already difficult menstruation.
*Rates and services are subject to change.
Call our wellness center at (570) 647-1500 to book your stay!
The program begins with orientation on Thursday evening and concludes at lunch on Monday.
Amenities Beyond Your Daily Treatment Schedule
In addition to your daily treatment schedule you will have access to:
- 400 acres of wooded hiking trails and vistas
- The Sacred Grove Cafe
- The MarketPlace Bookstore and Gift Shop
- 24 Hour Tea Lounge
- Unlimited Wi-Fi